Source : https://themarketrecords.com/2020/09/26/pharmacy-benefit-management-services-market-2020-2026-shows-astonishing-growth-leading-players-cigna-cvs-health-unitedhealth-group-anthem-inc-centene-corporation/
The Pharmacy Benefit Management Services Market report emphasizes current and future market trends and carries out analysis of the effect of buyers, substitutes, new entrants, competitors, and suppliers on the market. This market report gives estimations on the market status, growth rate, future trends, market drivers, opportunities, challenges, entry barriers, risks, sales channels, and distributors. The key research methodology that has been employed here by DBMR research team is data triangulation which entails data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market & primary (industry expert) validation. The global Pharmacy Benefit Management Services Market report has all the company profiles of the major market players and brands.
Market Analysis: Global Pharmacy Benefit Management Services Market
Global pharmacy benefit management services market is expected to witness a substantial growth rate, registering CAGR of 6.35% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data for the base year of 2018, and the historic year of 2017. This rise in the market can be attributed to the rise in the drug prices and increasing healthcare expenditure.
Key Market Competitors: Global Pharmacy Benefit Management Services Market
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the global pharmacy benefit management services market are Cigna, CVS Health, UnitedHealth Group, Anthem, Inc., Centene Corporation, DST Systems, Inc., Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc., Magellan Health, Inc., McKesson Corporation, MedImpact Direct, LLC., Micro Merchant Systems, Inc., Prime Therapeutics LLC, Rite Aid Corp., TrialCard Incorporated, Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. amongst others.
Market Definition: Global Pharmacy Benefit Management Services Market
Pharmacy benefit management services provide several medical facilities to patients. They are run by third party administrators (TPAs) who acct as link between pharmacists, insurance companies, claimers of insurance and drug manufacturers. They help in reducing the price of drugs, manage prescriptions, plan the best health plans for patients by offering discounts and rebates. They offer medicines at affordable prices as compared to those sold by retail pharmacists.
Pharmacy Benefit Management Services Market Drivers
- Increasing occurrence of generic and chronic diseases and the desire to effectively and efficiently medicate such illness drives the demand for pharmacy benefit manager services
- Increased demand for insurance services, and increase in the number of people availing insurance stimulates the demand for pharmacy benefit manager services
- Advancements in healthcare and the rising demand for such health care services boosts the growth of this market
Pharmacy Benefit Management Services Market Restraints
- Lack of awareness amongst consumers about the benefits of the service
- Misuse of patient’s data restrains the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Pharmacy Benefit Management Services Market
Pharmacy Benefit Management Services Market : By Type
- Commercial Health Plans
- Self-Insured Employer Plans
- Medicare Part D Plans
- Federal Employees Health Benefits Program
- State Government Employee Plans
Pharmacy Benefit Management Services Market : By Application
- Mail-Order Pharmacy Services
- Non-Mail Pharmacy Services
Pharmacy Benefit Management Services Market : By Service
- Retail Pharmacy Services
- Specialty Pharmacy Services
- Benefit Plan Design & Consultation
- Network-Pharmacy Claims Processing
- Home Delivery Pharmacy Care
- Drug Utilization Review
- Drug Formulary Management
- Medical & Drug Data Analysis Services
Pharmacy Benefit Management Services Market : By End-User
- Healthcare Providers
- Drug Manufacturers
Pharmacy Benefit Management Services Market : By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Pharmacy Benefit Management Services Market :
- In December 2018, Cigna Corporation announced that they had acquired pharmacy benefit manager, Express Scripts for an approximate USD 67 billion. With this, they would provide wider choice and affordable services to their customers revolutionizing their health care system and benefitting their customers, clients, partners and the entire society on a large.
- In November 2018, CVS Health announced that they had completed the acquisition of Aetna, Inc. after they had received the approval of their USD 69 billion merger from the regulatory authorities. This acquisition is expected to revolutionize the entire healthcare industry as the strong resources of CVS would be merged with Aetna’s large network, thereby resulting in better relationships with customers, and provision of best health care services.
Competitive Analysis: Global Pharmacy Benefit Management Services Market
Global pharmacy benefit management services market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of pharmacy benefit management services for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Research Methodology: Global Pharmacy Benefit Management Services Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global pharmacy benefit management services market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)